Thursday, July 14, 2011

How little I REALLY know about Powerpoint

Creating this instructional design project has made it very apparent that I actually know very little about PowerPoint beyond fairly basic functions.  Implementing animations, connecting slides so that you click a button and it transports you to a specific different slide rather than the next slide in the show, and making images appear with a transparent background are all new concepts to me.  I still am unclear as to how Tracy made the background of the characters we are using in or presentation transparent with Adobe Photo-shop.  I find it very frustrating that different versions of Microsoft PowerPoint translate the slides incorrectly.  Our group has resorted to finishing our project on one person's computer so that we do not have to deal with this issue.  I am glad that we were asked to do this project because it has motivated me to build my skills with PowerPoint.  As a teacher, being able to utilize more capabilities of PowerPoint will allow me to create more exciting, engaging presentations for my students in the future.  I look forward to putting my new skills to use someday (hopefully soon) when I have a job!  As for this class, I am very impressed with everything my group has done so far and I cannot wait to see the final product of our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment